Wednesday, July 15, 2015

365 Project #142 Fixing A Camera

We got this very adequate camera free from a friend who had upgraded and have been using it for about a year. With new batteries it's been a real trooper, and I save on battery life by using a memory card reader.

One thing I like to do when I get something new (or used) is to search for and download a .pdf manual for it, then upload it to my Google Drive. That way I always have a copy when I need it.

The flash has been on the fritz so I did some troubleshooting and it looks like the flash is kaput. Found this nice tutorial on how to replace it. It looks doable so I bought an identical one on ebay listed as 'for parts' for $11. Here's hoping!