Friday, February 17, 2017

365 Project #370 Sketch Night

I'm still having Adventures but not writing about them quite so often.

A few months ago I heard that Lee Casbeer, one of my favorite artists, was hosting a monthly sketch night at his studio in Johnson City, TX. I was about in the mood to shave my head again so I contacted him and asked if he'd like a bald woman as a model. His answer was a resounding YES and so we set a date and did it. It's the first time I've modeled in 55 years, the last time was when I was 5 and wore a little white frilly dress, an Easter bonnet and white patent leather shoes. 

To entice Don to go with me, I offered to buy him dinner at a restaurant we like in Johnson City, Pecan Street Brewing. At the studio, the session was one long pose, 4 segments of 20 minutes each with a 10-minute break in between. The music was good so the time didn't drag too badly. Now I can say I've 'been sketched' by a lovely group of people and the famous Lee Casbeer!






No comments:

Post a Comment