Friday, October 14, 2016

365 Project #359 I Like To Feed People

Last week I started volunteering at a soup kitchen in Llano and found I like it very much. I was inspired by the deliveries of fresh food to Fuel Coffeehouse by the Bread Basket Food Pantry out of San Antonio. Last week I picked up several pounds of sweet potatoes, apples and oranges and made a big Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole. 

Today I stopped by and picked up broccoli, apples, sweet potatoes and some spicy potato chips. Since the broccoli was definitely 'last week's', I salvaged more than half and made this huge Broccoli Salad with the addition of a few apples, shredded carrot, dried cranberries and a slightly sweet sauce. Looks like about 5-6 quarts. I'll be dropping it off to Fuel for their free Sunday Dinner. All are welcome, come in, eat and visit with some real fine folks!



From Fuel Coffeehouse;
We got another BIG donation from the Bread Basket food pantry! Help us spread the word! Let's get this food distributed! We have lettuce, bananas, apples, oranges, broccoli, sweet potatoes, bread, and much more!






No comments:

Post a Comment