Wednesday, December 9, 2015

365 Project #246 Gift Bags From Paper

When I was preparing for the GIVE THE GIFT OF ART Party and Sale at Llano Fine Arts Guild and Gallery, we were advertising free gift wrapping. I couldn't imagine how they were going to gift wrap painted rocks or ornaments so I decided to make my own custom gift bags. Fortunately there are lots of tutorials on YouTube, so I experimented with some scrap paper until I had the size I needed. Here's the video tutorial, it's much easier to understand when you watch someone do it. Here's my version. I'm estimating about 45 small bags from one $3 roll of foil gift wrap, some tape, a glue stick and some raffia string. 

Clear tape, double-sided tape, pencil,
ruler, glue stick, scissors
The size I wanted called for
a piece of wrapping paper
8 1/2" x 12"


Turned down the top edge 1"
and folded both short edges
to the middle with 1" overlap
and secured with
double-sided tape, 
glue would not stick to the foil.




Folded up the bottom
of the bag 3 1/4"
which made the bottom
nice and deep


Turned in both sides of the sides,
don't worry, after you watch the video,
you'll get it.


Tape securely


Fold 'points' in to the center and tape


Fold long sides to middle to make
side gusset


So there you go!


Use right away or fold to store


A hole punch and ties


No comments:

Post a Comment