Saturday, August 15, 2015

365 Project #175 Saturday Rocks!

Yeah, pretty lame but I'm running out of rock references. When I post pictures of my painted rocks, they have been drying for at least 24 hours, then get a couple of coats of clear coat and let set another 24 hours, so I'm always a couple of days behind.

I spent the afternoon painting and the results will be up in a couple of days, you'll be surprised to see I like any color as long as it's blue. Really, I've got to venture into browns, ochres and reds. I like them very much in the kind of art that appeals to me, symbolic, aboriginal and representational art.

For scale, the largest of these is 3" long. I'd like to move up in size, perhaps to masonite panels, to have more room for designs. 'Til then, having a blast mixing color and refining technique.



No comments:

Post a Comment