Tuesday, March 24, 2015

365 Project #82 Let's Work Together

Today I had a little time between appointments and wandered out to Grenwelge Park to see what I could do.  I have heard about the deliberate destruction of the artwork done during the LEAF. My reaction is a little sad but philosophical, really. You're known by your actions, and that's all I have to say about that.

What I did see was that people have obviously been doing the same thing I did, going out in their spare or contemplative moments to stack, arrange and otherwise lend their creativity to the park.  I met Valerie Smasal-Hammons out there working on fixing a beautiful mandala-type work I had seen before it was destroyed.  She and I both have lower back problems which prevent us from lifting rocks, so we visited for awhile, did some arranging and went on to our appointments.  The lady who took our picture had heard about the festival and the destruction and wanted to come out and meditate on it all.  All in all, a delightful surprise in my busy day.



Here's a little theme song for the LEAF, which all you old hippies will appreciate.




No comments:

Post a Comment