Sunday, March 22, 2015

365 Project #80 So What's With The Goats?

I haven't been able to figure out why you see so many goats in Texas.  Turns out all you have to do is ask.  Fortunately, goats will eat many of the things that cattle won't touch and in some cases are toxic to them, and are an effective land-management tool. They'll clean out cedar, a big problem here, and other nasty weeds.  I was mystified for awhile, as no one seemed to be using them for milk or meat.  There are some real good economic reasons for keeping them, so that's part of it.

Have I mentioned Cabrito is delicious?  While I was researching the subject, I found that the relatively nearby town of Brady, TX hosts an annual WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BBQ GOAT COOK-OFF.  Guess where we're going on Sept. 5?




My Google Calendar-Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment