Friday, January 4, 2019

Sand Globes

I've been fascinated by Sand Globes ever since I saw them on a Facebook land art page. I looked into it and they appear to have been developed in 2000 by Zack Pine, you can find him here.

I had been unable to make a sand globe in Llano, TX and was getting pretty frustrated. Even at a very small size, they fell apart, perhaps because our soil is decomposed granite. I looked around and found a washed area from the local flooding that appeared to be clay or perhaps some algae. The weather has been very wet lately. I stopped at 4" in diameter-didn't want to press my luck.

With great care and some time I was able to build one. It may be the first one in Grenwelge Park in Llano, home of the Llano Earth Art fest and the World Rockstacking Championship. http://www.llanoearthartfest.org/ I was happy with 4" in diameter-didn't want to press my luck.




Update; January 7, 2019 The Sentinels


Update; January 10, 2019 My little family








No comments:

Post a Comment