Wednesday, February 17, 2016

365 Project #286 I Thought My Blog Was Hacked

I wrote a blog post this morning praising an art supply house I bought from and as soon as some of my friends read it they reported to me they got 'unsafe site' warnings. At first I believed my blog had been hacked and reset my password immediately, also checking my Google settings to see if some other name had been inserted as admin. There wasn't so I was comforted on that one point. I started what I thought was going to be a long and painful journey, which might or might not be successful, into recovering control of my blog. 

Turns out the problem may have been the links to the art supply web page, as I got a warning on only that post. Needless to say, I embarked on a learning curve this afternoon and deeply resent it. This blog has been a very enjoyable journey and I was a little upset at the anticipation of seeing it ruined.

I've requested a review and hopefully will have the warning removed soon. The blog looks OK if you're looking at the whole thing, but if you click the individual posts, you still get a warning. FRUSTRATING.

I've become very interested in backing up my blog posts, Blogger gives you the tools to do that. I have all the photos in the blog stored on Google Photos, my computer and my outboard drive. It's a journal of the past year-and-a-half, so I don't want to lose them.

Update; I got an email from Google.
"Google has received and processed your security review request. Google systems indicate thathttp://thedonandlisashow.blogspot[.]com/ no longer contains links to harmful sites or downloads. The warnings visible to users are being removed from your site."





No comments:

Post a Comment