Monday, October 19, 2015

365 Project #217 Speaker Impedence Matchbox

Since this IS the Don and Lisa Show, I'll post a project Don has just finished today. He's already posted it elsewhere so the copy's already written ;-)

"I've run four 8 ohm floor monitors off of one power amplifier channel for years now through a series-parallel match box which gives them a net impedance of 8 ohms. The matchbox I'm using is one I built about twenty years ago into a generic plastic box. The box has been beat up a little, glued back together at least once and is currently being held together with a nylon tie-wrap. While I was building output adapter boxes (one to use, one for a spare) I decided that making another speaker matching box would, give me a spare for that too. I finished wiring and assembling it today. This image shows the box and diagrams illustrating what's inside the box."


No comments:

Post a Comment