Monday, February 16, 2015

365 Project #50 Tatting

Years ago I taught myself how to do different kinds of needlework and crafts.  One of my very favorites was tatting, an ancient form of lacemaking using a small instrument called a shuttle, and using your hands as the 'loom'.  It's very time consuming but very easy once you learn it, there's only one basic stitch and all the designs are made with variations on that one stitch.

I still have some samples of the things I made, one of my favorites is a collection of snowflakes that I use on Christmas trees on the years I feel moved to put one up.  Here are a few.






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Great Grandmother (we called her "Grahm") used to do this (I think it's this same type). I have a table runner and a table cloth made of these types of lace, all stitched together into a large item. It's one of my treasured possessions and makes me think very fondly of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one that I like the most is at the uper left corner. Circle always intrigue me. Bravo Lisa!

    ReplyDelete